

The tennis gods were definitely smiling on the All England Lawn Tennis Club today. Wimbledon was a blast. A Center Court seat above the net, in the shade for the entire afternoon. What could be better? And of course, e
njoying strawb
erries and cream while watching the game is the ultimate indulgence.I saw Serena Williams win in two sets and Rafael Nadal win in 3. They are both amazing to watch. The third match on the court, with Robin Soderling beating Robby Ginepre handily, was not as much fun.
Nadal had serves as fast as 135 mph. Serena's were 117. Watching in person is a totally different experience than seeing it on tv. You can't totally appreciate their athleticism on the screen.
And of course, everything at Wimbledon is ver
y British, very formal. It is everything you have heard about and more. Besides the strawberries and cream, the number one selling item was a Pimm's drink. Some sort of alcohol drink with fruit. I thought it was iced tea and when I went to get them I discovered it was something altogether different.I took the tube out to Wimbledon in the morning and walked through the town to the tennis club with thousands of other people (see photo). Later, I returned by tube to thecity to meet Joel and a partner for dinner at the Cinnamon Club, a very nice Indian restaurant. We walked back to our hotel through St. James Park at around 10 as daylight was finally fading. See the time on Big Ben.
It was a wonderful day in Merry Olde England.
more tomorrow.......
S & J
No comments:
Post a Comment